revolution yoga

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Budokon - The Art of Dynamic Asana May 6th 1- 2:30 p.m.



Sunday May 6th, 1 - 2:30 P.M.

SIGN UP HERE!


Join Senseis Marco and Derek - Director of Budokon NY and Ambassador for Lululemon Union Square, NY - as they explore the art of transitioning through the Budokon Yoga practice.


Bring a new perspective to your movement and make the journey just as interesting and connected as where you land.  Through the seamless integration of classic yogic asana, movements inspired by mixed martial arts, and animal locomotion we blend strength and flexibility, form and flow.


Experience the Way of the Spiritual Warrior and forever change the way you show up for yourself and your practice... be challenged, have fun, push yourself and play.
Attendance Fee $35

Sensei Marco Certified Budokon Teacher and Founder at I.Fly Flying Trapeze and Aerial Arts        



Marco was introduced to Budokon 2006 while working as an aerialist and flying trapeze artist. He was drawn to the fluidity of the practice coupled with its strength and control, and to the way being completely present and moving with intention were pivotal. Four years later in 2010, he was finally able to devote time to the practice and studied it more in depth and became a certified teacher. Budokon became a means of maintaining a physical practice and staying disciplined while outside of the circus arena.  In the air and on the ground, Marco believes that all movement should have intent an purpose and spends most of his time practicing Budokon with Sensei Derek in NYC.




Sensei Derek Regional Director of Budokon NY and Ambassador for Lululemon Union Square



Derek discovered his love of movement and the body after a childhood of health problems, weight issues, joint problems and other physical ailments played a large part in my young life.
 “After years of misunderstanding and mistreating my body I discovered the benefits of running and began to head down the path of physical health and wellness.  Running lead me to the gym which gave me the ability to begin my first version of a yoga practice.  This yogic workout opened my mind to the idea of yoga s a practice and over time, I found my own teachers who helped to guide me to the path of a healer, though even they did not know it then.  …In recent years, I have immersed myself in an understanding of the body and
movement and cultivated an intuitive sense for healing.  I have discovered a
badly hidden passion for teaching and guiding others.  I have chosen to
answer a relentless call to help others.  I have been blessed enough to find
many different outlets for this.  Budokon, Yoga and Thai Bodywork all act as
tools to aid me in guiding others to health and well being, and to enable them
to continue the work we begin on the mat. “







Learn More about Sensei Marco Rosamilla Here

Learn More about Sensei Derek Cook Here 





No comments:

Post a Comment